Bed Size Guide: How to Choose the Sleeper of Right Size
If you're in the market for a new sleeper, it's important to make sure you choose the right size mattress. Below are the six standard mattress sizes, from smallest to largest:
When it comes to choosing a bed size, there are a few things you'll want to consider -
When it comes to choosing a bed size, there are a few things you'll want to consider.
1. Size Of The Person - For starters, think about the size of the person who will be sleeping on the mattress. If you're tall, you might want a bed with extra length to give you the comfort you need. On the other hand, if you have a wider build, you'll want at least a full size or queen size bed to sleep comfortably.
2. Number Of People Sleeping - You'll also want to consider how many people will be sleeping on the mattress. If you're sharing your bed with a partner, child, or pet, you'll want at least a queen size bed. If you'll be sharing with more than one other person or pet, you might want to consider a king size. If you're a solo sleeper, you can go with a smaller size like a cot, full, or queen, depending on how much extra room you want.
3. Size Of The Room - Another factor to consider is the size of your bedroom. A large bed might not be the best choice if you have a tiny studio apartment, as it will take up a lot of space and leave little room for other furniture or walking around. Make sure the sleeper / bed you choose fits in your bedroom and doesn't overload the space.
4. Location Of The Room - Location is also important when it comes to sleeper size. If your bedroom is on the second floor or has small doors or a narrow staircase, it might be difficult to transport a larger sleeper into the room. In this case, you might want to consider a smaller sleeper.
5. Cost - Finally, consider the cost of the sleeper. Larger sizes tend to be more expensive, so you'll want to find a size that fits your budget as well as your comfort needs.