Things to know about your delivery
- Upon confirmation of delivery date, we will contact you the day before delivery with an assigned 3-4 hour time window. Delivery is all day 8 AM to 9 PM.
- You or another person (age 18 and above) must to be present to sign for delivery. Our carriers cannot leave shipments unattended.
- The area must be free and clear for the drivers to bring in the new items.
- Old furniture must be removed as we do not cart it away or move it.
- If the drivers have to carry the merchandise past the first floor, their is a walk-up fee. The walk-up charge is $20 per piece, per flight, after the second flight. We cannot deliver walk-up furniture past the 6th floor. Payable to the driver in cash only.
- Please make sure your building does not have any special delivery restrictions. If they do we need to know about them prior to scheduling the home delivery. (i.e.: Certificate of Insurance, service elevator, etc.)
- Please inspect your packages prior to signing for the delivery. If you notice apparent damage to the packaging, note the damage on the carrier’s delivery sheet.
- Our delivery drivers will assemble all furniture if needed.
- If no one is home for delivery, a re-delivery fee will be applied to your order
- If you need to re-schedule your delivery, once you select a date, please do so before 72 hours of the date you select to avoid any fees.
- Once furniture is delivered, there is no return policy or exchange policy. If any delivered furniture has defects, Customer Service will assist in repairs or exchanges.
Pre-Delivery Guide 2018
JENNIFER FURNITURE wishes to thank & congratulate you on your new furniture purchase. We hope that it brings you much enjoyment and pleasure for years to come. If you have already been scheduled for delivery, you will find your delivery date on the bottom right hand corner of your purchase agreement. If your furniture was not in stock on the day of your purchase, your salesperson will call you immediately upon receipt of your furniture to schedule delivery.
Delivery Date: While it does read, "all day delivery" on your receipt, you will receive a call the night prior to your delivery with your assigned 3-4 Hour Delivery Window. We make thousands of deliveries each month and even with our trained drivers & computerized routing system, it takes your understanding that requesting AM or PM delivery is not possible. Your time window is assigned to ensure the highest level of efficiency. Our delivery company will do everything reasonably possible to meet your window, but there can be circumstances when delivery will be before or after the quoted time. However, on the day of delivery you may visit Jenniferfurniture.com to track your order.
Delivery Service: Our delivery service cannot handle your home furnishings so please ensure the room is ready for the new furniture. Our drivers will deliver; set up and assemble your new furniture and they will take away all of the packaging. Upon delivery and at your request our deliverymen will also:
- Remove and replace doors in your home with pin hinges to facilitate delivery. Exceptions are screen doors, fire doors, and spring loaded hinged doors.
- Remove your furniture from the carton or package (if necessary).
- Assemble all furniture, including tables, lamps, wall units, and recliners.
- Place the furniture where you want it.
- Environmentally Friendly: After the delivery, installation and assembly of your new furniture, our delivery team will remove all packaging materials for recycling.
Damaged or non-conforming furniture should be refused at the time of delivery. If damaged furniture is accepted upon delivery, any repairs will be made in the home where the purchaser had his/her furniture delivered. These repairs will be made to manufacturers’ standards. Contact your salesperson with questions regarding these conditions of your delivery.
Changing Delivery Date: To change your scheduled delivery date, you must call the showroom at least 72 Hours prior to reschedule the delivery.
Certificate of Insurance: If your building requires a Certificate of Insurance, you must inform your showroom when setting up the delivery.
No C.O.D. All balances must be paid by in the showroom prior to scheduling delivery. NO CASH, PERSONAL CHECKS or CREDIT CARDS WILL BE ACCEPTED UPON DELIVERY. We do not accept payments over the phone or online (expect for online orders only). Please go to your purchasing showroom to make final payments.
Unsuccessful Delivery: If we cannot make the delivery because no one was home / accessible, there will be a full re-delivery charge applied to your order.
Walk Up Fee: There is a $20 fee per piece, per flight of stairs after the 2nd Flight. Walk up fees are payable to the delivery driver in cash only.
Professional Disassembly Service*: Responsibility for the size of items selected regarding home delivery remains with the buyer. If we can disassemble and reassemble your furniture in order to get it into your home, there will be a $224.99 charge per piece. Our deliverymen will do whatever is reasonably possible to prevent you from incurring this expense. If a disassembly is required, a professional technician will be dispatched to your home, at a later date to complete your delivery. (Disassembly service is not available in all areas.)